Monday 7 October 2013

And I Will Always Be With You...

As nothing much happened to me yesterday apart from the contraction of a Cold, I'll tell you about my weekend as a whole...

Saturday I worked, though, and don't you love it when you have plans that make you forget that you worked that day? I know I do. Tag, Cherry, and I found ourselves travelling to Red's for a movie night. We crept into her building behind someone with a Pram, Tag helped them through the door with it (a quick whack over the back of the head and they were using the buggie as a wheelchair), and we ascended in the lift wondering why all the signs were scratched out and nothing else...

We rang the bell (and Tag did his Milhouse gag) and Red answered with a vast amount of enthusiasm and amusement at the gag (#sarcychick) and we sat, discussing days, and then food. The telly was on, and I had no idea what the program was, but then New Girl came on and I knew what that was (it's been almost a year since I had television)...

We settled on Pizza, and Tag and I were nominated to get more drink (crisps and cookies too, though I wasn't told to get those). We returned, and then the pizza guy arrived and we had to get that too - he was a really nice chap actually. And then the movie fun could begin - The Internship and This Is The End. Both were really good films. 

The Internship was a typical American Comedy/Drama/Romance film (i.e. it had a happy ending), and I enjoyed it. Especially the Bearded Google Search Programmer (BGSP = GOD) who turned out to be a badass in the end - I knew it was coming. (STP means soo many things, I just Googled it)...

This Is The End was something else. Wonderfully entertaining, and everyone was type-cast (as always) with Seth Rogan and Jay-whatever-Baruchel being the unlikely heroes, James Franco being the eye-candy, Craig (Kreg) Robinson being Craig Robinson, Danny McBride being the dick, and Jonah Hill being penetrated by a demon dick. You know, the usual. Also a Channing Tatum cameo that can't be missed.

After that we played a game of Fuck You, which would be far better with more drinks, and went our different ways at 1am. All-in-all, a very successful evening. And, I completely forgot I had worked that day. A plus in anyone's book I'm sure. 

Kodaline have made a second music video - that follows from the first - for the same song 'All I Want'. It's a bit odd, I don't know why, apart from extra coverage. Both videos could be seen as stand alones, though Part 2 has a lot of references to part one.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Today I work until 8:30 and I'm going purchase plenty of Cold Relief, Vitamins, and Fruit, ain't nothing gonna drag me down...

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment