Friday 18 October 2013

Nothing At All...

I remember being asleep, and expecting to wake up very early on into the night. I don't know why, perhaps I was just uncomfortable, but then this morning I woke up, into the darkness of an October morning thinking about Marriage and Minecraft...

Tis an odd one I hope you agree, unless of course you know the connection between the two, because I sure as hell don't. I think three couples I know have become engaged this year, with a potential two more on the way. Which, to put that into perspective, before this year, I had only been to two weddings (counting my eggs before they've hatched), and probably five funerals. So in just a few weeks they've given me the potential to go to just as many weddings as funerals, if not more (do wedding receptions count?)...

And any way, Minecraft, I was thinking of moulding a castle and battling some spiders or some shit like that. Good gracious, why aren't my blogs about anything at the moment? I wonder...

Perhaps I feel my writing ability has somewhat become dulled by this repetition and routine, although with routine comes perfection (well, not really). It's certainly not dull. By most people's standards I live quite a remarkable and extraordinary life. I go for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, cinema trips, telly days, different apartments and houses, all with people I love (j'adore), adore, and admire. And after all, for writing's sake NaNoWriMo's around the corner (should I do it again?)...

There's going to be an opportunity for me to attend a party thrown by my Big End Friends soon, but I don't think I can go. It's funny how we can all swim in different circles but then come together as if nothing in the world has changed and everything is perfectly fine. That's why I like seeing Wodge, that and she's always got a story, a jiggle dance, or a panda to show us.

And then I was thinking of publishing a list of girls I had fancied throughout my life and trying to figure out the link between them all, apart from all being pretty, but then I realised the list was far too small for a man with my reputation, and a reputation this good took me 23 years to build after all. I can't have people thinking that beneath this callous, rapey, and oddly-attractive exterior lies a warm, pleasant, and pleasing to the eye individual. Wouldn't you agree? Quite right...

Perhaps next time I won't talk so much shit...

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment