Thursday 31 October 2013

5 Influential Songs...

Its amazing how much animal magnetism I have for menopausal women. While their husbands and grandkids are watching my helicopters, they're watching me. Never before have I felt like the girl who stands next to the fancy car ('Do you come with the car?')...

The final day is here. I get a day off tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, and they're gonna be epic. Tonight there's a Halloween gathering at mine and Pills apparently, tis a bit of a rush job, but I got some foodies for it. Tomorrow, I think I'm gonna go home for a Hallow's Eve Belated Gathering of the Big End Crew, and kip at home probs. Saturday, obvs what I'm doing I hope. Fireworks in the Park, getting smashed, and having a good time for Red's Berfday! Sunday, recover, with the chance possibility of a meal for Red's Berfday!

Easy. Now I thought about telling you about 5 songs that I think have influenced my life, or their meaning to me, memories etc. and I'm only doing it for the lolz. Apparently. I don't talk about anything coherent any more so this'll have to do for today...

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Okay so it was late in my teenage years, and it was quite popular and beautiful for obvious reasons. But most people just hear it and picture the first dances at weddings and the charismatic sky when the meteors of the summer cascaded through it. Though, there's only one thing that I picture every time I hear it now, and that's a funeral. Sorry for the downer, but there was a friend I had in school, who was always around the TechLabs, building something or other. He was a couple of years younger than me, and he had an old soul. But that summer, he was the victim of a hit and run, and that summer I can only ever picture his funeral with this song. Just like when I try and say the word solemnity I picture my grandfather's.

Moving on...

All Star - Smash Mouth
A brilliant choice, and perhaps the first time I had learnt all of the lyrics to a song without them being hymns or Christmas Carols/Songs... It also appeared in Digimon Movie, Shrek, and Rat Race (though Rat Race has somewhat become over played nowadays) So what's wrong with taking the back streets?

Come With Us - Can't Stop Won't Stop
A great summery song, though it was summer 2012, and I spent it mostly inside, wondering why life was cruel, and receiving my first rejection letters from publishers, and hearing nothing back from job vacancies and the like. I spent most of that summer with Tag and Cherry watching the Lympics, so things weren't all bad.

The Way I Tend To Be - Frank Turner
Of course Frank had to be on here. He's sort of marked the beginning of a new year and lifestyle for me, moving out, big city life, long summer evenings, wine, cider, drinking, friends, brilliant fun, and a superb 2013. And his music reminds me of Red every time, just like Tarantino and Spaghetti Westerns remind me of Tag, Fairy Tales and Fantasy remind me of Cherry, Halo of Clarey, Purple of Wodgey, and I'm sure the list goes on and on...

How Long Will I Love You - Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney & Ben Coleman
I don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like when we saw About Time, so I'll just leave this here, and hope you agree...

So that was my five. They weren't really overly special (just one or two), but I hope you like them nonetheless. What're yours?

And now for work time. 

See you later, Carpe diem...(same syllables)

No comments:

Post a Comment