Sunday 1 September 2013

The EPIC Weekend...

It has been one EPIC weekend, and I mean that in the most awesome way possible. I would tag this as the most EPIC weekend, in fact, few days, I have ever had - and I've been to Disneyland and Venice (both very different experiences)...

Let me elaborate if you will. Thursday morning, I woke with a start, the excitement, the frozen toes, and very much the stiff back from sleeping on the floor of Tag and Cherry's Living Room for approximately 2-3 hours (not very comfortable = not very much sleep). I leapt out of bed, checking that no one was coming with me, and skillfully, and very stealthily climbed the stairs (like a panther), and then creepily opened Tag and Cherry's door to bound on them like a child at Christmas - although I'm sure it looked more like Gollum finding the Ring. Either way, we were all woken, presents were opened (as it was Tag's Birthday - YAY!) and we were on our way, 30 mins later than we thought we would be...

And then came the first blip. HB needed fuel, and once fuel was taken, Ducky and Pill wanted food, and then they had all forgotten the snacks in the house. Either way, it put those of us in the Fun-Ve, in a very poor mood with the others. We drove home and then back, storming onto the motorway (because Speed Limits are for Losers), rocking out to the Playlist - a roster of music so great and powerful, only the legendary dare listen and rock out to it for no less than 6 straight hours. And we did just that, over two car journeys. I gave HB directions like my father would normally do, they make sense to us - cross the bridge and turn north, pass Birmingham and follow the signs. Simple? The race was on. We were minutes behind one another, but the Fun-Ve won!

And then the wonders beheld us, queuing, queuing, and queuing (Monorail! - has that joke been done?), for the entrance to Alton Towers, before we got the car in, before we got to the park, before we could get into the park, before we got on any of the rides. Now, I know we're British and know how to queue, but bloody hell, the waiting time for almost all of the big rides was more than an hour, and we only had 6 hours there, there wasn't enough time!

Pill said to me afterwards that if we did it again, he would like to stay somewhere locally and do it over a weekend. Seems legit...

Anywho, I managed to go on some Teacups, I followed my fearless leader into the fray of the Ripsaw (that was fun), killed some zombies with Cherry and Red, we all got a bit wet (though half the group noped-out), had some fish and chips, kept Red company and Flume, Flumed while we waited for the others to finish Nemesis, and then we Sonic Pinballed and waited on the lawns of the beautiful estate before spending an hour and a half in the car park before the next three hours home...

We stopped in a service station just outside Cardiff to swap cars, and Tag and I helped an old, frail man with a sense of humour. I felt good about myself, and believe it or not - I had one hell of a good time. Happy Birthday Tag! I hope it was a special day for you.

And that was just day 1. Day 2, involved a bit more of the normal life. Pill and I went food shopping. I exercised (you were curious as to what I did Red - here's the instructions), and then sat down for xbox updating (Pill was furious), and then decided to go out with Tag, Cherry, and Red again...we were much quieter this time, but we wanted to spend money - or that was the plan. I'm not a very good shopper it turns out. And then we bounced from bar to bar, trying to find 2-4-1 Cocktails, until a resounding yes was had for a Harvester suggestion. I didn't like the waiter, but the food was alright (free salad yo!). We parted ways early for Day 3 was dawning on us, and sleep was a rarity. 

Day 3, or Cardiff Comic Con arrived and I think we all managed mornings particularly well. I don't think anyone complained about being awake early or anything. We were all just excited to dress-up in sexy outfits and strut around town (yes, even I can do sexy apparently - I got checked out by three women and a man, none of whom I particularly found an attraction too but it was nice all the same). I was a little disappointed that there weren't many more photos of the entire group (or just the four of us) but hey, what you gonna do? Slow mo walks, and poses with Cardiff Monuments would have been awesome too, also hump-dancing. But it was Comic Con, I showed a bit of geek, but ultimately I didn't understand most of it. The Hobbit panel was my thing, the thing I really wanted to see, and I'm glad we could. Red Dwarf was funny, as it probably should have been, and I didn't really follow the Doctor Who one, I only knew K-9... 

Unfortunately, as stated earlier, shopping's not really my thing, so I only managed to buy one physical thing, a Portal Turret! (and I paid for Tag, Cherry, Red and I to get our portrait's done - that took forever, though I hope it looks awesome when we get it). We did hang around about an hour too long, but I wanted to find something and go 'ooo I need it now!' which I didn't. Oh well. We then all went to the pub, ate, walked Red home, then Tag and Cherry, and HB left on her own accord.

Today, Day 4, is going to be the day of rest. I plan on writing and reading mainly. Though best laid plans and all that. I don't think I need as much sleep as the rest of you. And some part of me silently hopes that Revs de Cuba might be on the cards for actual cocktails and a restful afternoon, napping, perhaps a four-way spooning session? - though I know it won't be. I've spent lots of money, lived a little, and had the best weekend so far. 

Thank You!

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment