Monday 16 September 2013

A Bit Of A Walk...

I love doing the most with my time, and this weekend (well Saturday) was no exception (Sunday was)...

I had already done my washing and other chores by 10am on Saturday, leaving me with nothing much to do. Pill and DarkHorse were waiting for DarkHorse's brother and they were going to go climbing, something I have no interest in (though there might be a team-builder in Boulders for work), but they invited me along to go sit in the cafe with my notebook and write a bit with a coffee. It was a nice thought, but I wanted to do something more with my day, as well as think about a few things. 

Instead, after announcing that that evening we would be dinning on Roast Dinner, I walked north through Llandaff and just beyond before coming back home, it only took a couple of hours, but the walk along the river is perhaps one of my favourites, and its really easy (flat all the way yo!). I could have gone all the way to Castell Coch but I had a dinner to cook. I saw the waterfalls at the Yacht Club, and the Swans at Hayley's Park, and the beauty of Llandaff Cathedral and its surrounding ruins. Oh my Lord, that place was like a slice of English country village, it was weird. I took my camera, and I'm sure pictures are floating around somewhere.

On the way back, I stopped at Tesco and picked up the evening's supplies and carried them the couple of miles home, sharing a laugh with a stranger at the struggle on people's faces as they tried the fitness equipment in the park. Once I returned home I started on the Banana Bread, which was very nice, and there's none of it left in this house, and then the dinner...

Pill cornered me pegging out washing in the morning, he was still undressed and he said 'you know you're not going to get anything out of doing this?' And I replied 'yes', but I don't think he understood. So he continued explaining to me what I was about to do - 'dinner for six people, from your own pocket.' But I don't think he thought I understood him. He even tried to make me not make mushrooms saying 'that's a whole other meal there, don't you know we're poor?' - I turned to him and said 'don't worry, I bought them.' I don't know why he was so against the idea. Perhaps it was because I wouldn't let him help me cook. He seemed to have a nice time. I think most people did. But I have no idea. Wine makes for loose tongues, and dinner talk can sometimes turn sour, but I enjoyed myself, and the food was good. 

And on Sunday, Pill, DarkHorse, and I watched a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender. There's a whole abridged series for it as well. Not as good as Yu-gi-oh, but there you go...

And as for the thinking, from the walk, I've decided that I will stay with the couple and HB. The move will be cheaper, bills and everything. I've just got to see where they're thinking of moving too, and hope the walk isn't too far. What am I saying? This is Cardiff, the walk is never too far!

I've got to go now, mainly because I think I'm boring myself, which means I've probably bored the rest of you as well. It'll be better tomorrow...

Carpe diem...

P.S. Does anyone want to come #sploring with me on Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment