Wednesday 23 June 2010

And that, is that...(I hope)

Sooooooooooooooooo

Yep, it's been a long enough time for me to have missed this. That's right my blogging friends, a whole week and a half. That's too many 15-hour days full of physical labour for a fat-man. But I'm there, at the end, the light is bright, and things are at a closure (I bloody well hope).

I'm (officially) unpacked. Well, most of my stuff is now in it's rightful place (yay). All that there is now, is stuff we don't want, and we hope other people will. That's right, a bootsale (ARGH!)

For those of you who don't know what a bootsale is, Wikiapedia describes it as...

'Car boot sales or boot fairs are a mainly British form of market in which private individuals come together to sell household and garden goods. The term refers to the selling of items from a car's boot (U.K.) (or trunk in the U.S.).'

So yeah, now you know: but that's where the nightmare begins. Strange people rummaging through your newly detached belongings. There's something unnatural about that thought I find. There's even something unnatural about most of the people who go to bootsales to buy things (not really the people who go to sell stuff, they're getting money from being there). But therein lies the problem.

Will people want your stuff?

You just don't know until you get there and waste half-a-day discovering that you're no good at this selling stuff business.

Moving on: the legendary At-tic is quelled. Renovated - sort of. I spent £50 on floorboards and insulation. We used less than half of it, and I washed the receipt in the back pocket of my jeans. So, returning it today was fun.

The teenager at the counter, was completely stumped. Then he called over this attractive woman, who also worked at this well-known branch of DIY stores (The first letter is B, the last is Q), and then a third person had to be called over - either way, I managed to get something back - a credit note - fun fun of £36 B&Q voucher. What can I use that for?!

TENNIS - that's right, the wonderful event that is Wimbledon has returned for the next two weeks. So far it's been brill - and today I witnessed history, as a game took over 9-hours to complete, and they've still not finished it! Silly people.

I don't know of what to inform you of now, so I'll leave it at that.

But that's me, until next time bloggers...

P.S. I'm waiting for some blogs you bloggers - you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment