Thursday 7 November 2013

You're Thor?!...

We bested the Bonfire Night without the use of Hot Dogs or Soup believe it or not. We ventured, both the fun-vee and the hum-drum-vee to Barry Island or all places, Barry being a place I wished never to go back to, to view some fireworks that were somewhat none-existent in Cardiff Town on actual Bonfire Night, strange. The display was pretty-ful and Barry itself was pretty full (see what I did there?). I got a running commentary of the fireworks from Red, while the couples did what the couples do. The display itself was awesome, and yes, we should do a Lympics Opening Ceremony for the display - Rio here we come! After the display was walked to the Island they call Barry for some refreshments, and my did I get the biggest and greasiest cheap burger in the place. I was so glad. 

Yesterday was my day off, but that didn't stop HB texting me at 7am waking me up. If that's any way to put any one in a bad mood, it's that I reckon. I didn't do very much productive with my day, I shopped a bit, I played video games, caught up on some TV, did the ironing, and cleaning, and generally relaxed and organised a cinema trip.

The group, plus HB this week, wondered into the Bay to begin our Wednesday Night traditions again. It seems like ages since we last did something like that. Perhaps Sundays will begin again (the Saturday night thing only works if I've got the Sunday off I think, because I'll always be in work at 9am on a Sunday)...

We went to the Eli Jenkins, a nice little traditional pub, a cheeky round, plus a massive starter that was consumed without any want to know the calorie count, molten mushrooms. And then it was movie time. Red left her bag in the pub, and I ran with her back to our table to find it still resting there. And there we were ready to see Thor 2. Every time I hear Thor, I remember a joke Chris Hemsworth told on Radio 1 back in the day of Thor 1 which went a little like this...
The Norse god Thor decided to become a mortal for a while and went down to earth. He met a beautiful girl and they spent the evening together. In the morning Thor decided to reveal his identity to the woman. "I'm Thor" he said. "You're thor!" she said, "I'm tho thor I can hardly thit down!"
The movie itself was superb, better than the first in so much Lord of the Rings in Space sort of way. The Dark Elves were captured rather like the bad versions of the High Elves in actual Lord of the Rings, and so much badass and actual boners (let alone lady ones) were had when Tom Hiddleston (the only guy for me) came on screen. The trailers beforehand were epic, jumping from The Hobbit (13th Dec), to Catching Fire (21st Nov), to Ioan Gruffudd doing his epicly brilliant inspirational speech again (the rest of your life).

And afterhand...wards Red was so impressed by Hiddleston's performance that I said she should see him do Shakespeare. And he has played Henry V in Henry IV before on the tellyscreens last Christmas I think. But for your eyes only...


And he was just epic throughout everything in all of that. And most of the things that I have seen with him in. Imagine him in Middle Earth. Hello!

I've had a bit of a thought about my birthday as well. And in a way to step out of the limelight for once, I've decided to share it with Christmas, how modest of me don't you think? On the 14th it appears that Cardiff's Christmas begins, Christmas Markets, Christmas Lights, and Winter Wonderlands. And if we can fit in a round of drinks and a meal somewhere in there, that would just be swell. 

Also, let's start talking about a holiday next year. And I know your idea of Bluestone was well intentioned Cherry, but Holidays for me mean somewhere new, not West Wales...

Carpe diem...

P.S. I found something even more amazing to add to Hiddleston's repertoire for acting, dancing, and sexiness...


No comments:

Post a Comment