Monday 18 November 2013

A Birthday Worth Having...

We went to Jamie's Italian and it was bloody good. I know I said that I was going to stop talking about it last time I spoke to you, but do you know how good Jamie's is? Expensive, the correct portions, and no one went away saying that was too much, and no one was too full, despite Red saying she was but the steak she was eating was just too good to stop eating...

We had about four bottles of Merlot between the four/five vino rosso drinkers. And much merriment was had, chatting, catching up, eating, and photos. Not many, but enough. Everything was lovely. I received no less than three more gifts. An engraved hobbit tankard from Wodge and Obombz, a pair of lounge trousers from Cherry, and a secret gift from Red, that's a secret (shhh...). Am I a rubbish secret keeper? 

Yesterday was a very nice lazy day. Pill and I played Skyrim while DarkHorse slept a lot. And when the couple left, as the couple tend to from time to time, I caught up on Masters of Sex (all up to speed now), and when that was done I did a couple of things I haven't done in a while (and don't take that the wrong way)...

After spamming instagram, I retired to my room and played the secret gift on repeat. I just lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling and listened to the whole thing through, and then listened to it all over again. I thought about life, and fun, and distant lands I'm not even sure exist. And it was quite relaxing. I then did something also rather out of character for me, I sat and read my book - which is called The Written at the moment. It's amazing what I get up to when left to my own devices.

It was also the best night's sleep I've had in a while, no bad dreams, nightmares, or biting tongues. Perhaps I should do that every night?

This morning, while perusing my YouTube feed I found a beauty of a song by Ed Sheeran, that I think is a little out of character for the Hobbit (I suppose they had Annie Lennox do a song in Lord of the Rings), however it's pretty good, and I think I've listened to it about six times now. It's a builder, which an epic finale, check it out...



Thank you to everyone who made this birthday worth having. You know what I'm like when it comes to birthdays, but you guys made it brilliant. Thank you!

Mae govannen, mellon nin. Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment