Saturday 30 November 2013

You Shall Be The Fellowship Of The Ring...

Last night I got to visit Middle Earth for the first time this year (this year) with some people I hadn't seen it before, and some I had and still would. We had pizza, and fizzy drinks, and chips and dips, with garlic bread and some flat bread (carb on carb on carb). I think we all regret that lack of balance. 

I am probably one of the worst people to watch the Lord of the Rings with because I quote, I sing, and I expend knowledge of Middle Earth, the general plot, and boring trivia, that I doubt anyone wanted to hear (sorry guys). I think I even amazed Red at certain points as she turned to me in the questioning manner and simply said 'and you haven't read the books?'

I suppose it is weird being so passionate and knowledgeable about something without foreknowledge of the base text everything is based on (everything!).

It was a brilliant evening, despite my Middle Earth lessons, Cherry and I spoke about Immortality and Elves and Prophecies, Tag got to know a lot more about Balrogs and Fatty Bolger, and Red and I secretly mouthed along to most of the movie (I saw you!). 

It is easily my favourite film of ever. And I look forward to including the Hobbit in it's watching schedule. Could you imagine the length on that? It would go on so long, we could commission a cinema to show them all extended for some sort of charity event. Oh my God, I'm getting tingles just thinking about the prospect. 

I think my favourite part of last night was when Sam found Frodo trying to leave without any of them and he nearly drowned himself. I made a promise, Mr Frodo, a promise. Don't you leave him Samwise. And I don't mean to, I don't mean to. We were all quiet and emotional at that point. Well definitely quiet. But it was a nice gesture towards the movie, that it's still so powerful it can make us shut up and nut up. 

If you want to know more about the History of Aragon's hertiage or what happened to Gollum between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings then Born of Hope and The Hunt for Gollum is certainly for you. A pair of well paid, low budget, fan filmed, short movies for your viewing pleasure...


I will take it!


Carpe diem, mellon...

No comments:

Post a Comment