Tuesday 26 November 2013

Interesting Day...

It has to be said, yesterday was one of my more interesting days since the Summer. And before I get started, I just wanted to say thank you for your kind messages after yesterday's post, it wasn't a cry for help, but I'm glad you're there. Anyway, interesting day...

As the cold dark evenings roll in and darkness becomes an ever present consciousness we might find it hard to be happy. I should know, I've lived with it and have parent(s) who do the same (I didn't say that). It's called SAD (ironically enough), Seasonal Affective Disorder, whereby the lack of sunlight doesn't allow the chemicals in your brain to work correctly and therefore you project most of the symptoms of depression whereby you sleep more, you lose interest in life, and interest in just about anything...

Obviously, I'm not the worst case in the world, but everyone has there off days, as I said yesterday.

So, with all that in mind, two things happened to me yesterday and both intrigued me enough to make it feel adventurous. OhItsJustKim came to see me for the sake of coming to see me, which was nice. (Have you met Kim?) But also, probably because I asked her whether or not she had been to VidCon, she invited me to a YouTube Gathering on the 7th and 8th of December outside Central Station. I think I can probably do the Sunday. I was glad of the invite and we stood and talked for about an hour more or less, which was weird as I was in work. And she said how she'd like to introduce me to her friends and we could all hang out some time. I was quite taken aback, but all things considered, I'm up for trying something new.

And along the lines of trying something new, I join PlentyOfFish.com last night (for the lolz), and have yet to receive a single message. I imagine Men have to do most of the messaging as I convinced Red to join too, and she got almost 40 messages in the hour. Tag then got involved and lectured us on how it's advertised on bad websites and that even the most sordid people he knows wouldn't go near the sight. 

Well, at least it's something to focus on and a bit of fun at the end of the day. Isn't life odd?

Carpe diem folks!...

No comments:

Post a Comment