Friday 29 November 2013

Here It Is, The Great Battle Of Our Time...

Oh, my, God! It's here, it has come!  Today is the day that I leapt around outside Cardiff Central Station yesterday with Tag thinking about. It's the start of Lord of the Rings Day part 1.

Its been so long, and I can't friggin' wait to see it all again!

I've got an idea, perhaps we watch them all in different locations every movie. So the first is at mine, obvs, because you're all coming over this evening. But the second and third you guys can fight over. One gets Two Towers, the other the Return of the King...

Could you imagine if they did what they're doing with the Hobbit to the Lord of the Rings. I reckon you'd only need like six movies, and possibly double the runtime of the Extendeds to 23 hours and 20 minutes. Could you imagine?! My Godfather kept rating all the movies, as he went to see them, as bum numbing, and yes they certainly would me.

The world is changed, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

The opening lines that forged a fandom. Frodo was originally going to say them in the movie, but that didn't make sense so they got Galadriel to say it instead. They're actually lines from Treebeard in the Two Towers. Odd that don't you think?

Could you imagine if the Barrow Wrights and Tom Bombadil were in this one? Glorfindel? Hell, Fatty Bolger and Radagast!

Either way, I think I've geeked out a little too much. I spent lots of money yesterday on Christmas and I estimate that was only a third of what I needed. Shit's gonna get real soon. But payday just happened. And I thought it was going to be tomorrow. Going to be an impressive amount of gifts for people this year I think. Who knows?

Catching Fire was good, and I went in there with no expectations other than the ones I carried from The Hunger Games. It's sometimes good to be ignorant...


Carpe diem my preciouses!...

No comments:

Post a Comment