Wednesday 24 October 2012

What A Difference A Phone Call Makes...

It's strange how a phone call can change a mood...

As you know I've been going to the Job Centre for 9 months now, that's almost once a week, 15 mins, on average, a week, so let me do the maths for you...

9 months, 36 weeks, 36 days, 9 hours, 540 minutes, 32400 seconds and during my time there I successfully applied for 633 jobs, which amounts to 17 jobs a week. Now, you might know this and you might not, but I had until the end of this month to find employment otherwise I would be subjected to the Work Program. 

I finally twigged that the Work Program was the scheme everyone was up in arms about at the start of the year, forcing Job Seekers into work for their benefit. The idea being giving them the experience of a part-time job, anywhere, for the sum of £114 a fortnight. As you can imagine - we Job Seekers didn't like the sound of that because if we have a part-time job, we'd rather like the the minimum hourly wage that comes with it, so that's about £198 a fortnight. You can see why people would be up in arms about it.

So yeah, I went to the Job Centre today, and I was talking to Mel there. And she was saying how sorry she was, and how they felt like they had let me down (it wasn't them, it was all the employers I applied too). So I left there today, returned home, and I started watching Bake-Off: Revisited while applying for another position somewhere else, and then came the phone call...

I can't say much at the moment, because I don't know very much, but I'm very happy to tell you all that I am now a full-time demonstrator for Hamleys in Cardiff.

CARPE FUCKING DIEM! Until next time bloggers...

P.S. You should have heard the cheer I made when I got off the phone to Hamleys...

P.S.S. I'm just going to play Xbox all day now to celebrate I think XD

No comments:

Post a Comment