Friday 12 October 2012

Now Leaving Hengoed...

So today was the day of the big interview...

You know the one, the Job at the Job Centre? Needless to say that the interview went swimmingly, I chatted for a while with a few people I knew (my interviewers), having been going to the Job Centre for 9 months now I've come to know a far few of the women up there.

I put a tie on as well, as per my Father's instruction (he wasn't too happy about me being offered such a job in the first place, so it was nice to have some input).

Interview over and done with I set off home with time to kill before Tag came along and we went to inspect his and Cherrybelly's new possible house. I also had time to kill before I heard how I got on from the interview. 

I played Skyrim - trying to ignore, as best as I could, that HB had rekindled my want to play during the week. Tag turned up, and we went on our merry way. I got a phone call...

Yep, I didn't get it. But I was close, apparently. It'll be interesting to see what people think on Wednesday, but meh, it would have been a good job, but I'm not too devastated. I also got some interview feedback, and apparently I interview well - so why did I not get the job? Experience probably.

So we went to the potential house, it was a nice house, in a bit of a dodgy area. I could see that Tag was a little disheartened because it had looked very good online - I suppose that's why you look at it in person before you make a commitment. 

It was a good view.

But we left Hengoed, or we tried too. It seemed, that the signs kept welcoming us to Hengoed, and we were never going to leave!

But we got out...no surprise there.

Passing through Caerphilly, I got another phone call...

It was Hamleys, the greatest toy shop in the world, just phoning to interview me, and then invite me to another interview on Thursday, no big deal.

We wondered around Cardiff waiting for Cherrybelly to finish work, witnessed many Scots and Police, and Horses (the Police were on them). We sat in the cold, and talked for a bit, Tag was trying to get me to talk to girls I really wasn't interested in. And I realised, that despite my whole day being busy, I realised I was doing something I didn't want to do... 

I thought of HB. I can't ignore her, I can't forget her, and it's bugging me. Admittedly, it always has been. I found out that everyone does know what I did, but they won't tell me. I have no idea why not. I think it would be useful knowledge, even if they don't think so.

Perhaps GG will know something tomorrow when I pick her up from the Station, before heading to HB's party. 

Yep, tomorrow's going to be an odd one...

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment