Sunday 21 October 2012

3 Days In, 4 to Go...

It's been a peculiar week, sort of...

HB and I got the chance to hang-out a bit, on Monday, we didn't talk about anything in particular (you know the stuff that keeps cropping up in my mind) but it was really nice and fun - or I hope so anyway...

I went to an interview with Hamleys...

...OMG that was a brilliant interview - I hope it went well for me, because I'm definitely going to be jealous of those people who get the job if I don't. (And I know you hate it LisbethRose, but it seems like soo much fun.) Basically, the interview consisted of three parts.

1. The Warm-Up - after the original meet and greet we were welcomed into the actual group interview stages with much gusto and asked to remove all coats and bags. We were then instructed to put our hands on our hips and lunge. We were told to do this by the cheeriest and most energetic Aussie I've ever seen (imagine children's television after a few drinks, and a backpacking trip across the out-back).

2. The Group Stages - we were then separated into three-groups by the Aussie and taken to different booths - this entire process took place in Tiger Tiger in Cardiff, if you were wondering. My group were firstly asked to design a toy, even though we considered my idea of a Desk Unicorn, we only had a minute to discuss and design the toy. Each one of us had to speak, and for four strangers it was an experience. After that game were we taken to a booth of toys, told to choose one and sell it back to the instructor in 45 seconds. And finally we were presented with a table of upside-down cards, each with a discussion point on them. We had 40 seconds to describe and discuss our chosen card. I picked up a card that read 'Balloons are fun because...'

3. The Interview - after the group stages were were lined up and told it was a knock out stage, I made it through to the application form and I got the opportunity to interview with David (who's first day it was being a manager with Hamleys in Cardiff). We talked about Video Games and my previous experience, etc., etc., and I was told that I would hear something in the next 7-9 days.

So, fingers-crossed...

But the one thing that's currently bugging me is that I'm bored. To be honest, I'm not actually bored, I suppose I could say I'm lonely, but that's probably not the case either. I got to have lunch with both Cherrybelly and Tag separately (sort of) after my interview, but really my mind keeps going back to the HB thing. 

You knew it would, I knew it would, and I've been fighting this urge to just text and ask 'I don't suppose you'd like to hang-out this week?'

And that's probably why I'm writing this here now, so I don't actually text, blah, blah, blah. Oh I don't know. I get the feeling that I can't be the first one to ask anything. I've got to play it cool and subtle (oh God I'm going to fail at this!) 

I know she's bored, I can tell, she changes games on an hourly basis, I noticed that she was playing all the Mass Effects again recently, and now it's all the Dragon Age's. Probably in anticipation for some announcement of number 3. Well who knows?

Staying strong...

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment