Tuesday 16 October 2012

To? Or Not To?...

After the weekend's celebrations I have to say I'm somewhat conflicted...

On the one hand, even though I had a great time, and I hope so did everyone else, I kinda got the feeling that we were still skimming over issues and ignoring the bigger picture. I mean, it's not me is it, but HB does seem to talk about how she hates to be single every time alcohol is involved?

And in fact, as previously mentioned, she got a bit distort about it and went to the kitchen accompanied by the girlies and Tag, plus her parents (who are brilliant on any occasion). I wonder what happened in there. I know it must have been something of that sort because nearly everyone went in there and I was strongly advised not to join in, for reasons that I have concluded above. Am I right in thinking that Tag?

But then, whilst sober the next morning, and indeed the day after when we spent some considerable time together alone (considerable being considerable in the context of absence for three-months). I almost said something at Sushi before Tag and Cherrybelly arrived, but I held my tongue. It was her birthday after all, and I didn't want to ruin the situation.

Now I have to say that I'm very confused. I have no doubt that there's still an underlying hatred there, but why cover it up? (Obviously to be civil you numpty.) I did find out that during the three-months apart she was as bored as I was, with the added exception that I get invited to Carmarthenshire parties and she does not (I wonder why that is). And she has told me that I'm now going to be doing our Creative Writing Course by myself (something I've definitely let slip away, and I'm now dreading more than ever due to time and effort for no guaranteed outcome - and yet at the same time I don't want to let anyone down). Mum thinks I should focus on myself and stop all these charity work/payments (I was suckered into Greenpeace last week) - but more on that later.

Anyway, two minds. Do I continue to ignore her, even though I had fun on the weekend, and I was grateful she invited me out on Monday to celebrate her birthday (she said she had fun on Monday as well, might I add), or do I try to have a conversation with her and see where that gets me?

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. Tag, I hope you get your deserved day off tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Don't spoil a good thing. You finally got everything back on track. Just wait, enjoy being friends again and see OVER TIME whether you still think you should tell her/ ask her out / do whatever it is you were going to do.
    ......
    or at least wait until after / during venice

    ReplyDelete