Monday 15 October 2012

The Shire Can't Shandle Me...

As you may or may not know HB had her birthday party on the weekend...

Yes, it was awkward, and then the drink happened. Everyone (mostly) got very drunk, and everyone fell back into how everything was. It was lovely, or so I thought.

There was one point in the night when HB's parents came back from partying and HB and the ladies went into the kitchen and left Me, Pill, and GG in the dinning room. I thought we should join them, but apparently not.

I admit I was drunk, I admit I was a bit of an arse, and I admit to not remembering very much (again). It's my fault, it always has been. 

GG told me something that I had been told before, but I didn't believe. I couldn't believe that, even my drunk self could say it: 'why won't you love me?'

That's the second time I've heard that, and it has definitely made me re-think everything I thought I knew. Is my subconscious/drunk-self really that lonely? (I would say desperate, but that's just offensive, and I don't mean it that way.) It really shocked me - I might have to think about that a bit more.

Something else that shocked me earlier in the night, was something I slightly heard when I was out of the room. DarkHorse thought I was too drunk and I think she said 'he just wants meaningless sex.' 

I get the feeling that DarkHorse doesn't like me. I mean, I know she's on HB's side, but that was harsh. It's as if she doesn't know me at all. Now I know, I over heard it, and I didn't hear everything, it might not have been about me, but if it was...

So after I made an idiot of myself (sorry, I thought I needed the drink, it certainly loosened me up a bit, also loosened my tongue - sorry Tag). I said things about people that I should have kept to myself, and I was being rather too friendly with all.

But HB and I definitely shared a moment (not one of those moments), and that gave me some hope that our friendship was on a mending road. All in all, it was a very successful evening...

But that's not all...

Today, HB's actual birthday, we met up with Tag and Cherrybelly for Sushi lunch. It was Me, HB, Tag, and Cherrybelly, just like old times. It was really nice.

And then Tag and Cherrybelly had to leave for work, and HB and I continued to hang out - like old times. If anyone was watching they could have easily mistaken it for one of our days out, shopping, coffee, laughter.

I think things are finally on the road to getting back to normal.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment