Monday 1 October 2012

Lethargy...

There's definitely been something quite lethargic about me of late...

Well, there's still no job, but my mentor has told me that that's no bad thing - I've got a lot going for me, I cartoon, I've got a novel out there, I'm getting cartoons published, I'm constantly working on The Writing People website, and I might even make some merchandise type stuff to go with it. Also, on the checklist, is a Creative Writing course that I agreed to do back in either May or June - long story short life certainly got in the way and I didn't get round to doing it, along with HB (awkward), and I'm now back on track, only to find out that it's no longer needed, because there was a time limit - even though I wasn't ever told about that bit.

I'm not angry...I think I'm actually still going to do it for them, and see if they have any money in the future to hold it. I just feel sorry, because I said I'd do it, and I now feel like I've failed them (which I have). I'm going to write them a Creative Writing course anyway I think. I'm also going to continue writing content for their website - they always say nice things about my writing.

Today, and most of the weekend - when I could have been doing lots of things - I've been sort of stuck in a rut, mainly with issues revolving around my life, and not my imagination. I have all these ideas, but I just don't have the motivation to do anything about them.

Have I spent my creative energies on Real Magic? Was that it for this year?

I was reading Tag's blog earlier, and from what I can tell, he feels like he's free falling, he doesn't know where his life is going, and it's probably not where he thought it was at this point in time. He has a job, a girlfriend, an independence and I'm jealous of him. On the flip-side, I've had the time to write, explore creative outlets, and be free from life for a long while now. I hope he's jealous of me (be jealous of me!)

We all want each other's lives I think. Which is why everything feels so right when we're all together, like the puzzle pieces coming together. And that what everyone's friends are there for. Maybe their families too, but I don't think I would count my family in the normal feeling whole thing.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I never know where I'm going with this.

I've been given new ideas, new 'tactics' as some people would describe them, so I'll try and stick to the regime.

My mother's in the hospital at the moment, so we've been visiting her. She's doing fine, she thinks the doctors are making a fuss over nothing.

I'm watching 50/50 now, and it's not really improving my mood.

Let's get ready to put this week behind us. Weekend celebrations are approaching. Bring it on.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

1 comment:

  1. On your blog after like ages... You've grown... as a person and as a writer. Can see the difference. And it's brilliant. And you have novel out there!? How did I miss it?

    Hope you mom feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete