Thursday 1 August 2013

Rainy Day In...

Yesterday, I had a day off. And that actually meant, for the first time in a long time, that I had no plans with which to do with my day, and that it was raining and miserable the washing didn't dry...

But what did you get up to? I hear your proclaim at the top of your voices, as there is nothing more important to read on the internets than this very segment of my life. Well, in truth, and if you know me well enough, I can't be sitting around all day watching TV or Films - well not by myself at any rate. If I had company it would have been quite different.

I woke up, and watched the remainder of a Top Gear episode I had switched off the night before to go to bed. Then I made coffee, set up the washing to dry inside, hoovered (not well), and eventually I left the house in pursuit of some shopping.

I bought the River Island bag (Pill is convinced its a Handbag), and then I went to the market. I bought a loaf of bread, some eggs, sausages, beef mince, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and a sandwich for under £15. And upon returning home I tucked into said sandwich and rummaged about on my laptop in front of the TV. 

I had hoped to watch Kingdom of Heaven, because I saw that it was on Netflix, but alas it must have been Tag's American Netflix (God Damn...summer in the city). Instead I watched 21 (a film about Blackjack. It was okay, but it spoon-fed you like Now You See Me), and then I watched a bit of Krod Mandoon (do you remember that crappy Fantasy proof on BBC2?). 

I also managed to buy the remaining clothes for my comic-con costume. All I need now is a few maps, and some shoes to go with it. Though Red had suggested broaches or something. I don't know. This is the most I've ever done for fancy dress, and it's actually starting to be enjoyable now that I'm getting to a size where certain sizes fit. 

So, all in all I managed to spend money and sit in front of the TV for a while. I tinkered about on my Laptop for a bit as well. Clareg wants me to download Lord of the Rings Online (I know I had it once, but that was a long time ago), and I downloaded Age of Empires Online and Civ 3. AOE wouldn't let me log in (I'll try that again later), and Civ 3 wasn't what I remembered it was, i.e. it's no Age of Whatever You Played...

A pretty staggeringly poor day, by all measures. And then Cherry text. Sherlock are in town! And I stood outside the film set, on the Hayes for a short while, telling Cherry everything I saw every now and then, and I would have some pictorial evidence although crappy HTC failed me. But I did see Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, and Benedict Cumberbatch.

A not bad end to the day indeed. Pill and I watch Atlantis, and watching Disney films with him is fun, because if he hasn't seen them before, he will analyse it and throw science at it. My simple response, it's a cartoon. 

I suddenly got an urge to go to Oxford. I'm not sure why. More on that story as it develops. 

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment