Friday 2 August 2013

Luck's Got Nothing To Do With It...

I am a lucky man. I'm not the luckiest man in the world, but I'm not the most unfortunate either. I haven't won the lottery, I haven't got money, houses, yachts, holidays, Latin American democracies, or fame. But I am a lucky man.

And I think the main reason I feel like this is due to my friends. Some people say I have too many, others wonder how I have time for them all. Well the truth is, I don't. I do have to choose. Some days its you, and other days its you. That's the long and short of it. And I'm not writing this to be an arse, or to say that I've got more friends than you, nah, nah, nah. nah, NAH! I'm writing this to thank you all. 

Whether you've driven me to the ends of the earth, or you've downloaded my favourite movies and music, read everything I've almost ever written, or simply sat there and spent an afternoon with me. I've laughed with you all, cried with some of you, and made you all my special few. I've played sports, video games, board games, party games with almost all of you. I've danced, and sung, and enjoyed myself the entire time. 

We've all had our ups and our downs, I know that my moods do swiftly change, week in and week out, but I'm glad you guys are always there for me. I'm glad in the knowledge, the security, the understanding that we're there for each other, not all the time, but when it matters most of all. 

And I really want to thank you for the decades, years, months, days, just time that we've spent together, and I hold you all in the high of highs. You are my family (and I know my mother will hate me saying that, but you're my family too) and I do actually love you all, old and new. You have completed my life so far, and I hope you continue to do so for decades to come.

Now, let's ignore that sentimental crap and watch this video of the Bennett's year so far (he's been busy)...


Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment