Thursday 11 July 2013

Concerning BBQs...

I really get the urge to kick children sometimes. You know when they're being annoying, self-centred swine? When they cry, and beg, and actually steal shit. Yep, then I just want to pick them up by their soft, squidgy heads, and drop kick them into next week. Does anyone else get that? Or is it just me?...

Also, another thought passed me the other day, as two mobility scooters sped passed me, can I shout 'LYMPICS' at them as well? I know their not being healthy because let's face it, they're sat down, but you know, I just get the urge...

Okay, I'm starting to sound a little cray-cray, but who cares, I'm not harming anyone, or planning to. And also, half the things I say, are just my mouth taking over from my head. Which is why when I sometimes say 'Have a Nice Day' in my head, it comes out as 'Have a Nice GAH!_sd@!S"H'. My mouth syntax-error's my mind, and half the things I say, I know I should have stopped speaking or I didn't intend to say anything in the first place. I'm quite good on a one-to-one basis, but it just frustrates me sometimes. I suppose it reminds me of my stutter and pronunciation problems (Azerbaijan)...

Where am I going with this? Ah yes, concerning BBQs.

BBQs are strange and fantastical things, where you sit out in the outside, whatever the weather and do as you would normally do, except the cooking is done beside you, you're allowed to drink anything you like no matter the time of day and as long as it has ice in, and barefoot is okay attire. Could you imagine a BBQ in suits and dinner dresses?

It wasn't as warm as I had hoped, walking back from my daily commitments, but it was warm enough. I had found loads of food, and carried it home. Pill had sorted the BBQ stuff, cleaned it out and prepared, which was nice. And we waited for the others. He lit the fire, shortly after 7:30, and I got a text from Tag about 10mins after that saying that he had missed the train due to an Asian. We cooked on without them, and when they arrived the food was ready. Which is a nice change.

We sat and chatted, and laughed, and discussed our days, and it was nice. The usual, but the usual is usually nice. Red had been #sploring, Tag had been selling, and Pill had been passing on our country's secrets again. Food was pleasant, and quite cheap for the quality of the items (I collect the coupons), and I think a nice time was had. It is a pity that my garden has no grass, and it isn't very big either. And that makes me very jealous Cherry and Tag, very jealous indeed.

Red exclaimed that she was bored and that they should go, and go they went. It was late, about 11pm (late in this instance meaning that we had work in the morning and we don't intend on sleeping here).

We've got at least 3-4 days of activities to achieve as of Sunday, and it goes a little like this - Food Festival, IKEA, Birthday, Cinema (though I'm assuming cinema is a maybe). Perhaps we could holiday somewhere, Cornwall, Wodge Visiting, Castle Hide-n-Seek, St Fagans, #sploring? Who knows what we'll get up to, fingers crossed we wont end up at the Western or Nandos.

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment