Sunday 14 July 2013

Friday Night Pub Quiz Birthday...

My Friday night consisted of a Pub Quiz Birthday, which is a nice idea in itself. You invite your friends, ask them to write up 20 questions or 1 Round of a quiz. Lots of good rounds, like a Lord of the Rings one, that believe it or not, I got full marks for. A Who's That Pokemon (the round I would have done it I wasn't beaten to writing it), and a Disney round. However, for comedic value there were a few other's that were a bit unorthodox. There were a pair of rounds (mine included) about the people who wrote them, and from those questions one stuck out about me, and made everyone fall about laughing. Jim asked:

If I were to hit someone, what race would they be?

And I think you'll agree, that's a pretty funny question. And we, knowing Jim, knew the answer. And because I don't have very much else to say here now, I'll leave you with my round to do. See how well you know me. And I'll leave you with the knowledge that I'm going to the Cardiff Bay Food Festival today!

Carpe diem...

1. Everyone has a favourite Film Genre, the same can be said for Big Tom. What is Big Tom's Favourite Film Genre? (1 point)

2. Baring in mind his favourite genre, what is Big Tom's guilty pleasure when it comes to films? (1 point)

3. Who is Big Tom's role model in the Film World? (1 point)

4. With all the lovely stars of the silver screen, name one actress Big Tom fancies. (1 point)

5. And because he's greedy, name an actor Big Tom has a man crush on. (1 point)

6. Back in time, Big Tom was inspired to write when he was read a bedtime story, what was that bedtime story? (1 point)

7. Since growing up his tastes have developed and matured. What does Big Tom claim to be his favourite book? (1 point)

8. Growing up, Big Tom's Uncle bought him a comic book every Christmas. What was it? (1 point)

9. As he claims to be a writer, he should have read a lot of books - has he read:
i. Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (1 point)
ii. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien (1 point)
iii. Dracula by Bram Stoker (1 point)
iv. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly (1 point)

10. Completely stolen from Never Mind the Buzzcocks, whose line is it anyway? I'm going to give you the first line of a song from Big Tom's iPod and you're going to give me the next line. For an extra point name the Artist and Song.
i. What if I wanted to break...
ii. I walked across an empty land...
iii. Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air...

11. What does Big Tom occasionally shout at passing Cyclists and Runners? (1 point)

12. When is Big Tom's Birthday? (1 point)

No comments:

Post a Comment