Thursday 20 June 2013

Kicking Back Like It's 2002...

Today I woke up feeling like shite. It was as if a hangover were to marry a deadly illness and procreated a great discomfort to the world (namely mine). Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I did require an extended lie-in, and the headache hasn't shifted all day...

I gathered together my morning routine and shrunk it down to 'shower' and I was out the door with a mug of coffee in hand. I trotted to the train station and was shortly on the train to HomeTown for the day. For I was going to meet with my oldest and dearest friend Clareg. 

I know some of you know him, but I don't think you know the extent of the oldest and dearest-ness. I've known him since probably the age or 4 or 5. And we've basically grown up together, his mother treats me like a son and offers bed and board whenever I'm around. They've taken me on day trips with them, and on holiday (they're where I caught the Italian bug). They've supported me like my own parents, and I was once told that his mother was very grateful for me because I was someone for Clareg to play with (because he was an only child, until his sister came about nearly 10-years ago - though I could be wrong about that). So yeah, we've got history, and fun history at that...

I got off the train and walked up the hills towards his home. It wasn't far, almost like walking to Red's except for the hills. I got there, went in through the back door (giggity) and was greeted by his dog, who jumped up at my crotch, like she always does. His dad was working in the kitchen, and I eventually found him in the sitting room. We chatted about exercise and life and stuff for most of the morning. Went to Tesco, I didn't get normal lunch stuff because he's been telling me about protein and cautious carbs and such (bread makes you fat?), so I got two sausages and a bottle of water. He had 4 chicken thighs and some Pepsi (I will this health round). As we returned I suggested we get the xbox out and play some Halo, as normal. And Halo-4'd it up, just like we did back in 2002 when he had the original xbox and Halo: Combat Evolved. 

How times change...

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment