Monday 29 August 2011

Congratul-day To You...

Well today's been Sunday all over again...

If you didn't know, the UK goes through things called 'Bank Holidays' I'm not sure if they exist else where, but around here, if you're and unemployed, or otherwise employed but stay at home person like me, then you will probably see them as a great bore. It's like having Sunday all over again. And I know what you're thinking - my Sunday's aren't actually that bad. Well, yeah, neither are mine, but they're not so good that I want to have another one the very next day. It's like Christmas and Boxing Day, they're two Sundays smashed together - and then, if you're really unlucky, it'll snow all week and it'll be a week of Sundays.

My Sunday usually entails, getting up at a decent hour, realise it's a Sunday, and then realise everyone is still present in my domain. I know what you're thinking now - your domain? But don't you live at home and your parents own the house? Well yes, you'd be right there, on both accounts. But this place is my domain, for the single undeniable fact that I'm here almost all the time. I suppose this rant is partly to do with Cabin Fever. But Sundays are about Housework, Gardening, Cooking, Cleaning, and then sitting - in that order! You, I'm sure, have nice Sundays. Sundays when you don't have to do anything at all. I don't think I've ever had a day of doing nothing on a Sunday, or for that matter while I've lived at Home. There's always something to do, and I'm always the one who feels enough guilt to do the sodding chore!

Something else you should know. I am the eldest of three, and the other two are as follows - sister, who is just about the laziest person I have ever known, who has apparently gotten away with not paying my mother Summer Rent because, as my mother said yesterday 'she works'. Now I don't know about you, but I'm quite certain that if my sister works, that certainly makes her more qualified to pay the rent that her unemployed and completely degree-worthy brother - Me! And finally my brother, who isn't lazy, he just doesn't care about the things you want him to do. He might do them, at some point, but he's certainly more busy doing something else. He feels no guilt and will gladly watch my short mother climb ladders to put things away, rather than she passing things to him so he can just put them away - without the use of a ladder.

Well that's how I feel on a Sunday, and to think a Bank Holiday is double that. But until I'm the famous writer I plan to be you will be stuck reading my moaning, and my pleas, and my emotional teenage trauma. I think you like it.

Anyway, this isn't what I actually wanted to talk to you today about. No! Sometime after my last post, at 11pm to be precise, I reached my 1500th pageview - which I have to admit is a big thing for me. I've never known people to hang around and listen to everything I have to say for that long. And on this, my 83rd Blog I wish to thank you my readers. For being there through the though times and the funnier times. I've enjoyed writing these blogs, and I hope you've enjoyed reading them. So here's to the next 1500 pageviews.

Though I need your help to get me there...I know this might seem completely impersonal, but I write it out every time and I'm just reminding you that the facilities are there - so...

If you liked reading this most enjoyable, if quite rant-filled, blog then by all means press the 'join this site' or 'follow' buttons to your right, and if you especially liked this then share it with your friends by pressing the appropriate Social Networking Site also on your right.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. Tag? Psst, Tag?...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment