Thursday 1 September 2011

A Two Toast Day...

Well, as the title says, today was and is a two-toast day.

Before we get started today I would like to inform you that on the 21st Sept 2011 you can have the opportunity to run around Carmarthen shooting Zombies with Nerf Guns, and completely kicking ass or getting munched. If you would like tickets for this event they are available here and the full rules and terms and conditions are there as well. If you would like to be a volunteer, you can sign on there too (you'll be getting in for free) and if you wish to compete then tickets are £10 and you must be over the age of 16. Okay?

Moving on to toast...

For those of you who don't know what this means, and I'm going to presume that's all of you, a two-toast day is a day where you need to start out by eating two portions of toast. Hence a two-toast day. Now you might think this would be something to do with preparing for the day ahead. Well you'd be wrong...

Two-toast days are for the rough night you had previously. And now I know what you're all thinking.

'He drank a little too much.'

Well will you change your mind if I say I've been having a lot of rough nights recently? Pretty much every night since getting back from university.

'You're an alcoholic, you need to see someone. There are meetings you can go to.'

No, I've not been drinking...

'We never took you for a homeless man or a gigolo!'

No I'm not one of those either. I've just become a bad sleeper.

'Oooooh.'

I don't know whether it's because of the stresses of life or because as a writer I'm not happy with anything I've written, or whatever. I just don't know.

'But you're not as bad a sleeper as I am.'

Don't you think I know that?! I'm sleeping okay, though perhaps the dreams aren't helping. I never used to dream, it's quite a recent development. And they should be happy dreams as well, but I'm probably reading them all wrong and torturing myself. It's the getting off to sleep I'm having difficulty with. I shut everything down, log off everything, switch everything off, sort of early nowadays (12:30ish pm of course) and just try to sleep, and feel my mind thinking about these things, and the next time I know it, it's light outside and I'm still trying to nod off. Well last night was quite bad, but it got worse when my mother decided to have a text-conversation with me at 8:30am and then told me to go do some washing.

And can I say, I am tired. Today is a two-toast day. I have decided that today I will be doing some writing and reading eventually. But definitely some xbox - I've recently gotten back into Mass Effect 2 - and playing through it I'm actually realising how excited I am for Mass Effect 3 - it's gonna be A-MAZING!

In other news, I can't help but notice that, despite my nine devoted followers (Hi Guys, love you all) I'm getting over twenty views per blog. Now, either my nine devoted followers have been reading this blog too enthusiastically, or there are other people reading. I see you, you know I do! So I have an ask of those invisible readers, comment below and let me know you're reading and I'll give you a shout-out and your very own codename in the very next blog. And perhaps I'll be making a story staring all you lovely people, even my regulars. Let me know you care, and I'll make you the protagonists of the next blog story. Who knows. I've got nothing better to do after all.

And, as always, if you liked reading this most enjoyable, if quite rant-filled and depressing, blog then by all means press the 'join this site' or 'follow' buttons to your right, and if you especially liked this then share it with your friends by pressing the appropriate Social Networking Site also on your right.

Now I leave you with something that we're loving today, right now this second - 'OH I LOVE BIRDSSSSSSS!


Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. I didn't get my letter, and I'm not on the Hogwarts express again *sad eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment