Tuesday 3 December 2013

Rumour Has It...

It has to be said that yesterday I felt like I had a very shit day at work. The long and short of it mainly spans from lots of little things (as well as big ones), as they often do, and a rather large rumour spread around about me not doing my job.

Either way it all escalated and caused me to march angrily home to an empty house with a nice note from Pill informing me that he would not be returning for dinner. I dumped my stuff and stormed from the house back to work and immediately asked any of the girls if they wanted a drink (there were only girls working there when I left). Thankfully one of them did, and my workmate and I got a drink in the Pen and Wig. I learnt a lot more about her, and there's more yet still. It was a nice evening well spent, and then I returned home to cook dinner...

Pill returned and was also in an off mood. We watched a small bit of telly before he phoned DarkHorse and then came back to a talk about weddings and finances and some how Christmas. I don't know about you, but Christmas for me has always mostly been about the giving. And I will admit I might have gone a little OTT with Christmas this year. All in all, I'm not 100% on what I've bought let alone what I've spent. It's always best not to look. However, when listing the people I've bought things for (Pill being on there) he goes: 'oh dude, I specifically told you not to get me anything!' And then leaves the room. 

I don't think I've ever seen anyone angry that they've got a gift for Christmas before. And I did lead into it with the giving statement, but he wasn't having any of it. Am I a dick? Is it just that day where I think I'm a dick because I'm actually a dick?

So there was a lot of downs before hitting the up and then back down to the depths. And what's worse is that I've not even finished Christmas shopping. I will finish tomorrow though. I've decided. I wish I had a concierge...


I think I might prefer the Ed Sheeran version, though this one's epic, and there's loads of awesome covers too. Who knew it'd be that popular. 

Today will be a better day.

Carpe diem...

No comments:

Post a Comment