Friday 6 December 2013

It Always Seems Impossible Until Its Done...

That was the most restful night's sleep I've had in about a month or so. And my reason being, drugs putting me into a dreamless state. It was quite pleasant. Thank you Karms...

Yesterday was Thursday (I could never get the hang of Thursdays) and as it was, it seemed like a pretty normal day. Work and all that was work. The Harlem Globetrotters came into store to perform a few stunts five and a half hours later than advertised, and my walk home was filled with ideas for projects I'm going to ask permission to do today. Its going to be a busy couple of weeks if I get the go ahead. But it'll be worth it. And then I get home and we sit down, like normal, and watch our programs, like normal, and then I read that Mr. Mandela (as I was taught to call him from a young age) had died. 

I remember signing a postcard in a Catholic Conference a very long time ago in Manchester which said on it:

Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings. Sometimes it falls on a generation to be great. YOU can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.

And the idea was that we sent that postcard to ourselves and remember the message we wrote on it and the message on the postcard. I still have the postcard and its messages. Thank you Mr. Mandela.

It's LOTR Day again, tonight's installment, The Two Towers (Part 2: Electric Boogaloo) and it's going to be epic again.

Carpe diem Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment