Friday 20 December 2013

Thanksgiving...

Or the time of giving thanks as we say over here is something that happens this time of year. Though, and I'm sure you'll agree because you don't always see it, we don't realise what we should be thankful for all year round. It's only when we reflect, and understand everything's meaning to ourselves are we then grateful for everything's existence.

This might sound a little silly, but there's been a song playing in my work from the Muppet's Christmas Carol, and it's got me thinking, as these things do, considering my current mood and outlook on life and the world in general...


'Every night will end, and every day will start, with a grateful prayer and a thankful heart.' And I am grateful, no matter my mood, for all the small things as well as the big ones. From coffee to lemon curd, to the sudden bursts of inspiration, the first walk of spring, reading trees, and the warm summer breeze. Adventures into the unknown, band photos, and slow-mo strutting. I am thankful for the memories that we have made. Firepit dances, speechless pier gazing, midnight talks, slow dancing in a club, quiet drinks down the pub, and beyond. 

And I am particularly thankful for and as the song goes on to say: 'Life is like a journey, who knows when it ends? Yes, and if you need to know the measure of a man you simply count his friends.' And I am, it has to be said, the wealthiest of men because of it. 
Is it a risk to love, what if it doesn't work out? Ah, but what if it does?
Peter McWilliams

Keep on Carping! (Carpe diem...)

No comments:

Post a Comment