Tuesday 6 July 2010

2.1s and Haircut Tongs...


Today, I am pleased to inform you, I passed my second year of university.

Yes, yes, thank you very much for your gratitude and praise. It is quite an achievement - I'm over halfway there now. But what the devil will I be doing with myself after the third year? A Masters Degree I can't afford? Writing full-time? (I wish) Perhaps I'll get a column in one of the many local papers there are in the world - you know, the Times, the Telegraph, Rolling Stone Magazine, you know, the small ones.

Well I suppose you want to know what I got in order for me to pass this time...well I shalt not disappoint:

Centres and Peripheries - 50+65 = 54 (2.2)
Writing Workshop - 65 = 65 (2.1)
The Poetics of Form - 55 = 55 (2.2)
(Well that was semester one, can you believe it? That was such a long time ago)
The Business of Writing - 62 = 62 (2.1)
Creative Project - 62+67 = 66 (2.1)
Film and Adaptation - 57 = 57 (2.2)

And overall - if I do the magical sum of averages we get:

54+65+55+62+66+57 and divide all that by 6 we get...
= 59.83333333333333333333333333333333333 (well let's just call it 60 - yay a 2.1!)

In other news.

I got a haircut today. And may I say, it's very cool, and very appropriate for the summer months. For all of you who were jealous of or loved my precious locks of hair then may I direct you to the barber shop floor where the remnants may still be.

Something Tag brought up in his Vlog from this morning - found here - what is the difference between being a geek (which I class myself as) and a nerd (which Tag classes himself as). Well may I now turn to a trusted quick time saver and not in anyway an exam cheating machine - Wikipedia:

Geeks:
The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "One who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake, or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

Nerds:
Nerd is a term, often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technicolor scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities. The nerd may be awkward, shy and unattractive. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

So...

Are we either of those?! Possibly aspects of both realms, though might I say dear Tag that you do seem to fall into the Nerd category (a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers) and I seem to fall under the geek's bit (biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake, or bugs). Weird. So you were right, nerds are not geeks, and I probably will be following you into the realms of nerdom as soon as my next nerdy action arrives.

But that's me, until next time bloggers...

P.S. That's my new haircut at the top there. Strange I know.
P.S.S. I've been writing these really quick poems and I need topics from my muses so if you'd be so kind then post your ideas as comments.
P.S.S.S. There was something else I was about to say...oh yeah - Tag! You didn't say 'I smell a smelly smell, smell smell smelly you.' Please would you?
P.S.S.S.S. A new question is required for you to answer. What in your opinion is the best film to have been released within the British Isles in recent years?
P.S.S.S.S.S. I've linked your blog in this blog so you have to do what I say - that means you Tag (Hi Tag).
P.S.S.S.S.S.S. That is all...

3 comments:

  1. May i direct you to 4:27 in my blog. I clearly say (although slightly abbreviated) the smelly smell thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - touche - congrats on the such silly comment - I retract my previous compliant.

    ReplyDelete