Monday 27 February 2012

The Week That Never Was...

Well last week was fun, but it didn't feel very much like a week at all...

Monday I had a meeting to join up with a local editorial group - CHECK

Tuesday I had a driving lesson which was loads of fun - CHECK (I should probably book my test after this)

Wednesday I had a meeting at the Job Centre - CHECK

Thursday I had to catch a train to Dark Horse's, where HB drove us to G's with my helpful, if slightly misleading directions - CHECK

Friday I had to enjoy the journey back from G's, directing as I went - CHECK

Well, as you can see, obviously I didn't think it was a week, after all I was only doing something on the first three days and had a small holiday on the last two. The week before however, HB had work almost all week so I was, dare I say it, bored out of my mind.

Anyway, this week I'm on Work Experience at a Publishers in town. One day down, and I'm enjoying it so far. Believe it or not, I have been reading all day. Which certainly makes a very pleasant change to everything else I've been doing recently - namely job seeking. I managed to read the best part of three manuscripts, and review them.

Well I say review them, the Publishers seemed more interested in my opinion and how I would try to sell the story. Which is quite an interesting way of approaching a review, don't you think. Though, saying that, I am slightly ashamed to say, that I might have shot down the dreams of those three manuscripts today, though my opinions might not have been bad, but they weren't the best - and that was certainly the case with the final one I looked at today. I sat at that desk reading and writing for almost eight hours, and I didn't take my lunch break, mainly because I wasn't hungry when lunch came round. It was quite pleasing to share my views on the first one with the Publisher, only to have him agree.

This is going to be an interesting week. I hope I'm working quickly and efficiently and doing what they ask correctly. It was all quite bizarre. I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow and the rest of the week. I'm sure I'll keep you up-to-date.

Also, this editorial group thing I'm a part of ('Bwsted') also got back to me today, setting up meetings with me, and praising me for my two of three articles they posted on their website. I don't know whether I can keep this up, but I will certainly try - I'm already tired.

It feels good to have done a proper day's work on something I enjoy.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. You can read my articles at these locations: 'The Networking Society' and 'Mass Effect 3: Take Earth Back'

No comments:

Post a Comment