Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Patronising Game...

Well I just had an experience I don't want to experience again...

Travelling into town today my main aim was to buy a video game for my mate. Now, I don't know about you, but he likes shooting things and I know nothing of video games or their ilk. Therefore, I'd hoped that the kindly men and woman at the Game store would assist me in my en devour.

How wrong I was to hope that.

The shop assistants seemed more interested in having conversations with people who already knew about the games they were buying, and discussing the intricacies of something that I knew nothing about - very much like being in a room with a group of people who are speaking a different language.

I tried getting the Manager's attention, and when I did he asked me which type of game and then just scrambled my brain as he spouted countless names of things I knew nothing about. I smiled politely and left, as I knew I was out of my depth. All in all it wasn't my best shop experience...

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. Urgh I know what you mean! The staff in there really annoy me. I went in just before Christmas and was looking at the ds games. I asked one of the guys which ones were good, and told him that I liked cooking mama and animal crossing. He was quite rude really. Basically told me he couldn't help me because he didn't like the same sort of games. Wasn't bothered at all in helping me, and was very patronising and blunt. Like he thought I was a waste of time because I wasn't a 'proper gamer' like him. They need to sort themselves out.

    ReplyDelete