Tuesday 5 July 2011

Carry On Carping...

Carpe Diem, Seize the Day! That's how our ceremony began and ended.

If you didn't know or didn't realise, today I Graduated, Officially, from the Halls and Residence and Educational Confines and Safety of Trinity Saint David, University of Wales.

The ceremony was fantastic, well in comparison to all the other ceremonies I've ever been to. We were all wearing the same robes, no one cried, there was an orchestra and a comedian present to lighten the mood. Formalities over with I really enjoyed myself.

We all had numerous pictures taken, and looked wonderful - I even looked SEXY, dare I say.

And there were even three parts of news or advice that I received today:

1. Carpe Diem, as I've said already, Seize the Day! We were told this at the very beginning of our degree and so we are told it at the end. And what good advice it is - even if it was told to you by a complete imbecile.

2. "I don't think your mark was entirely fair." These being the words of one Dr Susan Drake, who was sorry she didn't mark my conference piece and didn't think I should have gotten the mark I recieved. She praised me with "it was very entertaining." To which I replied, "I think that was my only criticism." Which in all fairness it wasn't, but I made that joke anyway.

3. Carry on with your Epic Fantasy. These being the words of Dr. Paul Wright who was either very proud of me, or just terribly glad I had something to fall back on if my Poetry, which was the comparison piece here, failed. Its too rhymey.

Anyway, a very good day, saying good bye to everyone, and saying hello to people I've never met before. It's been a very busy day, and I think I shall sleep well tonight.

Carpe Diem, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment