Friday 18 November 2011

A Cup of Tea And A Slice Of Skyrim...

Well I say a slice of Skyrim, and I say a cup of tea, what I really mean is a damn sight more than a slice of the almighty legendary godly game that is Skyrim and a teeny bit more than just one cup of tea.

So, probably thirty-five teas, seventy-two coffee's, and nearly a full twenty hours sent playing Skyrim later I have returned to you my fellow following loyalists. Or should that read loyal fellow followers? Anywho, I've been well, though I think I'm now coming down with some wintery bug or another, which sucks tremendously.

The job search continues, I waited nearly a month to hear from just about anyone since my first CV-spree, and yet again I found myself doing it again today, and yet again I found nothing - well I say nothing. Comet on the other side of Bridgend (yes I walked all that way) took a CV off me - so I call that a 100% improvement from a month ago - they didn't take any last time, and now I shifted one! Yay me!

I know what you're thinking, is that sarcasm or is that actual excitement? Well, in truth, it's a bit of both. Sure I feel that, due to my graduate status (though that's not enough to get a graduate job, no I needed a 2.1 for that), I feel that I'm too good for a job as a Warehouse Associate, though the other part of me is saying, just grin and bare it, it's money, and no one truly dreams of a career in a Comet store. Do they? Either way, they took my CV, and I'm grateful. Next steps, actual Career moves - watch this space for more! (now don't I sound cool?)

So after that completely demoralising day-out and generally poor week (if you don't include Monday and Tuesday which were completely awesome - and I should probably tell you about them), I'm quite tired - but a tired man's work is never done. I have been trying to do NaNoWriMo - as you know - and I haven't really done any this week so I plan on doing a Write-A-Thon type thing to catch up soon. At the moment my total stands at 13,625 words, were my estimated total by today should be closer to 36,000 words. Okay, so I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I think the story's going to be quite good, even if the English and grammar isn't. And in saying that I'm sure you won't ever read it because, as I've described it before, it's a sort of fan-fiction of my own life. Sad isn't it? I'm my own fan. But then if others aren't who else are you going to turn to?

Anyway, NaNoWriMo-fails behind, Monday and Tuesday were the days of this week that I set aside for my Birthday, so presents, meals, more meals, gaming, presents, movies, meal, and more presents again. Which was absolutely brilliant, and what was even better was reliving my student days with a Midnight trip to Tesco with the lovely HB Sauce - cold coffee and talking, what better way to end a brilliant celebration of my getting older. I'm 22 now - look, look! I caught up!

BTW HB, I haven't had time to use my completely superb present yet, but Saturday comes, and cereal needs to be eaten! (Pictures to follow).

I think that's it for now. Until the next time I moan, let's see what I can do. Perhaps get some work experience in a newspaper or a publishing house - ah one can dream.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. Truth, from now until my next blog I will answer any question you have for me completely truthfully - so give me your best shot.

P.S.S. Movember Update: as some of you have already seen, my Mo is a bit pathetic, but the only thing stopping me getting rid is the knowledge that you guys are sponsoring me. And if you haven't - it's for a good cause, so just click here and donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment