Tuesday 20 September 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

I hope this summer is one of the wettest on record, because I don't think there was a single nice day at all. Oh to be Welsh...

Anyway, sorry for being away for so long. I know you missed me, and wondered how I was doing, what I was doing, and what I plan on doing, but I was a little bit preoccupied. I can't remember what with to begin with but there were just a few busy weeks dotted one after the other until finally I stayed home one of the weeks due to an Xbox Live hacking which lost me £51 of my non-earned pounds.

I took this opportunity to descend upon my sister's room with as much grace as a Death Star and make it my own. I have an arm chair now - though there's still stuff on it so really its just an arm surface. I'll get a picture for you now. And you can see how unfinished it is.


Anyway, so I've been doing that, and I've been watching Bleach - oh I love that show (Thank You HB Sauce), and I've been meeting up with Bridgend friends who are returning to University. Oh how I wish I was going back in this Double-Dipped Recession or so the News is calling it. And I've been watching Deadwood, and I've been writing.

What's that? What you didn't know? Yes I have been writing for the lovely people over at GamePeople.co.uk and that's been fun - you can see all the reviews I have on the site at the moment here. Recently, however, I've been struggling with a Fable 3 Review - and I've written and sent it off for the 3rd time now, I think. I've rewritten it 5 or 6 times though. It was really difficult.

But anywho, getting off topic...

Unfortunately, my brilliant friends over at Zapi Comix have had to cancel their Zombie Apocalypse due to the underwhelming sale of tickets. And that is just one of the more unfortunate things that have happened in recent months. Others are equally upsetting, and the rain just tops them all off. I think the Rain has been getting everyone down a bit really. We're confined to the indoors unsure as to whether it's day or night because they look the same. It's all quite unfortunate, as that is the word of this paragraph. On Monday it all got to me a bit, starting the day with an Email from my GamePeople Editor saying could you write this again but come from a different angle? And then, on top of that it rained, and I went driving for the first time around my neighborhood, which I've got to build up my confidence from. I don't know, it's just been an alright week, not as exceptional as others, it's all rather BLAH!

Oh yes, by the way, I have started to learn how to drive. Things are going well, apart from that hiccup on Monday. I think I will start to properly write again soon. Either tonight or tomorrow. It's been too long, and my characters are getting bored existing only in my head. They want some fixed adventures.

I've been using a notebook kindly brought back from Turkey by my parents on the suggestion of HB Sauce (Thank You again), and I've been jotting ideas down for, reviews, stories, and blogs. Though that hasn't really helped me yet - I go off on long tangents like this entire blog seems to be at the moment.

And what else? Ooo, ooo, guess what I've been reading? Well you'll never believe it, but Dark Horse now has a blog - found here - and I've been reading the story she's posted on deviantArt - found here - and I've also been reading Tag's chilling tale - found both here and here.

Is that it? I think so. Anywho, watch this space and we'll see what happens.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. If you're interested - and she'll hate me for this - check out this...

No comments:

Post a Comment