Saturday 30 October 2010

The Passing of a Few Things...

This post isn't going to be a very happy one, so if you don't want to hear it, look away now...

My Grandfather, Mr. Bernard Turley, died on Thursday at 19:55. He had been suffering from prostate cancer, and looked like he was getting better, until he contracted what I presume was a 'Cold'. Indeed, he will be missed by me, and my entire family. And that is the last I shall speak of that. My mother would like my brother and I to be 'Pallbearers' and I am to do a reading, which we are only happy enough to do.

The Funeral is in almost a week's time, and all I can think about is everything and anything other than work...which is a bugger as my first essay is due in a week and a half's time. I have been thinking about Video Games, Job Prospects, Work Experience, How I'm going to learn Modernism in time, that certain someone, the Funeral, my Grandfather, Food, Memories, Mistakes, the Future, My Birthday (6 days after the funeral - that's going to be a cheery event), certain conversations I've had with people about a certain someone...

ARGH!

It's all a bit much to be thinking about and doing right now don't you think?

I'll tell you this now, this is the last time I am going to wait for something to happen in my life, it happened in the summer, and it happened now. In the summer I had the news about my Grandfather, a Surprise Birthday Party for my Mother, and a certain someone admitting to liking me (guess which one I fucked up?). Well now, it's not exactly the same situation. I would have thought I'd be using my Reading Week to complete work and the like, but no. Last week we received the questions for the essay due next week, last week my grandfather died, last week was a bad week. And on top of it all, I'm terribly distracted from anything and everything. I can't focus.

So, after talking with people, admittedly it was alcohol fueled, I have been advised to 'let sleeping dogs lie' with a certain someone. It's something I don't really want to do, but I feel like I might have to. On my wall I have inscribed: 'Repair the Damage done on the 6th July!!!' Is this how I go about it? Is this how I repair this, by letting it go altogether? Could I suffer another lose this week? I don't know.

I do know, however, that Modernism is a difficult 'ism' to grasp, and that I need to work fast and bloody well to get that done before the end of the week. I'll let you know how it all goes...

But that's me, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment