Friday 3 September 2010

Past Memories...

Well last night I was confronted with my own Mortality...

I don't mean that as in I had a near life experience involving a saw, a conservatory, a china horse, and a spoon. No no, anything but, though I should inform you, that the majority of my friends from home are of a younger time than I. And we mostly chatted through the loud singing and band playing of Rock Band, but as enjoyable as that is, we got on to the topic of our youth, thanks to Bex.

Now, I don't know about you, but I remember a time of Trumpton, The Animals of Fathing Wood, Manna the Vampire, The Lion King, Noah's Island. And these are the things we discussed, a time of Pokemon Cards, Pokemon, and Pogs.

And we came to a conclusion that we had not really thought of - there's an entire generation of 10-Year-Olds who have no knowledge of these things. My friend Clareg has a sister who has never see or heard of The Jungle Book for God's Sake!

What has the world become when the old remember the things the young should know?

An entire generation fed on the thoughts of the Teletubbies, Ben-10, and High School Musical. What are they teaching kids today when it's not involving Jumanji, the Muppets, and Digimon.

Does everyone feel like this when their generation is marked by their upbringing? Will we ever get those days back? Will we ever see the glories of the Smurfs, Dexter's Lab, and Powerpuff Girls again.

Oh I don't know...

But that's me, until next time bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment