Saturday 25 August 2012

A Wall Of Wine...

A lot has been happening in Bridgend recently, well, not just Bridgend, but you get the drift...

So, Wednesday I wake up to see that our garden wall had been demolished, and a lot of excess sand, cement, and bricks later the builders charged too much and left it all in our garden. So today, when I should have been doing The Writing People's #SubSat...

...that's Submission Saturday for all of you who don't know, where by we showcase work that has been sent to us and that we have found quite interesting to read...

...I was instead shifting half a ton of sand with my family, and cleaning up the garden, then I built a path out of bricks and sand, which involved me moving the sand from the back to the front again. All in all, the garden's a mess. I love these days, 'family days'...erm wait, no I don't. Every time we go out into the garden there's always something we get called in to do. There's never a day off in this house.

I get to work on my writing in the week, but on weekends, the house is full, its busy, and there's always someone who wants you to do something for them. Writing never gets done on the weekend, and that truly pisses me off.

I can't wait to see where life takes me when I do write on weekends/get the chance to write on weekends. So anyway, that means I'm yet another day behind writing Real Magic. Oh well, you can't rush these things I suppose.

I particularly hate the weekends at the moment, mainly because I can't write, and writing, for me, at the moment is the only thing that gets me away from my horrible situation. I find myself on car journeys, in ad breaks, in the shower, just getting angry. I look at myself in the mirror and practice things I'm going to say to her about the whole situation. 

The idea is to not try and care, but the issue I have is...I seem to care.

There's been plenty of things recently, this weekend, so far, that have been a welcome distraction last night I was invited to my friend Jess' 21st Birthday, where there were friends, people off the internet/YouTube, directors in the early stages, and booze. Oh, and beer pong, which I might be good at.


And the second thing of the weekend, was quite a surprise. Wodge got in contact and said 'Hi'. We caught up on things, well a few things, and it turns out she's been reading the Blogs. So hello again Wodge if you're reading.

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers...

P.S. I don't think I'm very good at this daily blog thing. For one, I don't do it daily, and on the days that I don't very much, I can't really write very well about the things I didn't do. But we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment