Monday 23 April 2012

The Writing People And Other Businesses...

Sorry about the delay in this broadcast. May your programs resume and normal...

As you might remember I was worrying about my Driving Test the last time I wrote something on here, which, surprisingly, as I've looked at the calendar now, was only the start of the month. Well if that's the case, then I think April has been the busiest month I've had in a while, and I interned for a publishing company in February. 

So you'd think that the news about me passing the Driving Test was the feature of this blog post, but as amazing as it sounds to me, it was nothing.

The real reason for getting in contact, and telling you that my new Driving capabilities are only the footnote to my month is that I and the other Writing People - you might remember our exploits on YouTube before Christmas - have started a website: www.thewritingpeople.weebly.com

We have lots more stuff to do with it, but where it is now (after 3 weeks) is a good jumping off place. And it's only our beginnings, you cannot possibly comprehend, unless you've been there, the excitement that has been following Tag, Cherrybelly, HB Sauce, Dark Horse, and I around for the last month. Well perhaps not the last month for everyone.

I decided that I was fed up of jobseeking one sunny afternoon, after an umpteenth rejection letter or just complete silence, as rejection letters don't turn up as often as you'd think. And I decided to make a website. Tag helped me find the place to work in, and we constructed, with my OCD, a good looking site. And there's more to come. 

Our site is for all writers and readers. We want to build a community that helps bring together published and unpublished writers, all editing, critiquing, and proofreading as we go. Or at least, that's the beginning of the plan. So spread the word, and I'm sure I'll get back to talking about emotions and soppy stuff later on...

Carpe diem, until next time bloggers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment